Attention Parents: Will Your Disabled Child Soon be 18 Years of Age? Free Webinar 4/30 12pm EDT
If you are the parent of a disabled child who will soon be 18 and who will never be able to care for himself or herself, you may want to consider guardianship. Learn more at this free webinar presented by South Jersey Legal Services. Registration is required here.
Discussion points include:
- What is a guardianship?
- Once children turn 18, can their parents make decisions on their behalf without a legal guardianship?
- Does your child need a guardianship?
- Are there different types of guardianship?
- What is the process for you to obtain guardianship for your child?
- What will a guardianship cost you?
Julie A. Williamson, Esq. of Williamson & Petruzziello, LLC will give an overview of the guardianship process and answer frequently asked questions as part of a free webinar. There will be a Question and Answer period at the end of the webinar.
A representative from the South Jersey Legal Services, Inc. Private Attorney Involvement Program will explain how you can get free assistance through The SJLS Guardianship Project for Children.
Read more from the webinar’s flyer downloadable here.
This is an informational webinar only. Individual cases will not be discussed. This webinar is free and open to the public, but registration is required.