Mary Cay Trace, Esq.
Mary Cay Trace became affiliated with BorgerMatez, P.A. as of September 1, 2018. She is a seasoned and highly-respected divorce litigator.
Mary Cay is also trained and experienced in collaborative divorce and mediation and one of the founding members of South Jersey Collaborative Divorce Professionals (SJCDP). SJCDP is comprised of collaboratively trained attorneys as well as financial advisors and mental health professionals whose goal is to improve communication between the spouses, providing the spouses with control of the divorce negotiation and settlement process with their attorneys by their sides at all times. The collaborative divorce process keeps assets and personal problems private and promotes respect and healthier long-term communications (which is critical in marriages involving children). Mary Cay firmly believes that the mediation and/or collaborative divorce processes should be explored prior to engaging in divorce litigation. Should litigation be required, Ms. Trace has over 30 years of extensive experience in the area of trial litigation, including complex divorce cases.
Education, Bar Admissions and Affiliations
Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, DE, J.D. 1984
Douglass College, Rutgers University, B.A.
New Jersey State Bar
Pennsylvania State Bar (inactive)
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Gloucester County Bar Association
- Gloucester County Bar Association Family Law Committee (served as past Chair)
- Matrimonial Early Settlement Panelist – assisting spouses and their attorneys in resolving contested divorce cases before having to prepare for and go through the expense and uncertainty of a trial (Camden, Salem and Gloucester Counties)
- Blue Ribbon Panelist – helping spouses and their attorneys settle complex cases before having to prepare for and go through the expense and uncertainty of trial in the counties of Camden, Salem, Gloucester and Burlington
- Master, Thomas S. Forkin Family Law American Inns of Court
Former Professional Associations/Memberships:
- New Jersey Family Law Executive Committee
- New Jersey Supreme Court Special Committee (Matrimonial Litigation)
- Chair of the District IV Fee Arbitration Committee
- District IV Ethics Committee
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Joseph M. Nardi Jr. Award, 2009
- E. Henrietta Roesler, Esquire Women-in-Law Award, 2004